Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The November Shirt

*I need to thank you all again for your support and love with my starting this tiny little business!  The only way I am able to do this is because of you!  A few of you have asked how you can keep up if you aren't obsessed with Facebook.  Just put your e-mail in the box to the right that reads "Follow by E-mail" so you'll be able to read all of my blog updates.


A few weeks ago some of the most beautiful fabric popped into my life.

I bought it on a whim not knowing what I should make with any of it . . . and then it all came to me at once.  If you have any sort of creative mind, then you know what I'm talking about.  It's sort of like writer's block that *poof* is suddenly gone and replaced with more ideas than your mind can process.  

And lucky me all of this came to me in the middle of the night -- exactly when I need the most rest -- but my mind had more important things going on than dealing with nonsense like sleep.  For several nights I lay awake in bed (usually with a fuzzy blonde head in one or both of my sides because that's how the Darbys function).  The next morning it was all clear as day, and I was able to jot it down on the back of an envelope or a coloring sheet while slurping down cold coffee and telling those fuzzy blonde heads to get a move on or we'll be late . . . 

Then I finally found time to piece it all together and I am madly, deeply, truly in love.

Here's a little sneak.


I'm totally digging the deep brownish-plum with the bright turquoise, mustard, and pink feathery print.  It's so simple but so beautiful.  

And the mustard makes me want to curl up on the couch with a wool scarf and drink -- you thought I was going to say a pumpkin spice latte but I fooled you -- a big cup of coffee that is not cold.  

Oh, but the best part is the gray -- it was such a strange selection for me.  Do you have any idea what this gray is?  So I pretended to be a girl who does brunch with some other girls this morning, and I totally goobed out on them over this gray fabric.  Are y'all ready to get weird?  Stick around me for a while and you will be --

It's flannel.  Good ole Lumberjack, 1990's Seattle grunge rock flannel.  Oh, and it is so, so cozy and soft and perfect for these chilly days.  I'm so glad I got all weird and chose it because that little piece in the top right corner of the pic above is my absolute favorite piece I'm made yet.  But more on that top another day.

This morning I got lucky.  Miss Moody happily threw on this top that I had not intended for her to keep but to sell, and she said, "Ooh, Mommy.  I want to wear this with braids and my Indian boots today."

Well, alrighty.  Let's do this, Meemers.

    And isn't it lovely?




 Still eating her blueberry muffin (believe it or not, I do bake sometimes).


Pretty little keyhole opening with a button in the front, but the elastic neck is so stretchy that you never have to unbutton it.  And, of course that can be worn in the back for a change-a-roo if you get bored with it.







Pretty little stretchy sleeve that's easy to push up in case of painting and hand-washing.


 Such a simple perfect top.  I want one in my size.


The main reason she wanted to wear this shirt is because today is special.  Her dad (on one of the busiest days he's had in a while) is popping by her school to read some books to her.  And what did the monkey choose for him to read?



With a milk mustache.


It's no fun to be serious so why bother.


I can make the November shirt in sizes 2-10, and I always suggest ordering a size up if you are unsure.  More info to come on ordering in the next few days . . .

*This top was inspired by the Brownie Goose Betsy dress that you can find here.

No comments:

Post a Comment