Saturday, March 2, 2013

Inspired from Mexico -- The Mexico Wrap

*Update -- this has sold!!!  So sad to see it go, BUT it's staying in my neighborhood! Can't wait to see it on the pretty little girl!

White sand . . . bright blue water . . . pink and orange fragrant blooms . . .

. . . and a margarita and a book and a cabana . . . aaaaahhh . . . 

And you want to know what I couldn't get out of my mind?  The next three outfits I will release.  And here's the first:


The Mexican Wrap outfit.  We could call it a burrito I suppose . . .  but it's much too pretty.

With colors so bright I need to grab my shades . . . and a book and a margarita . . .


Chicago has been covered in snow for what seems like forever, so I was able to prolong my Mexico trip by having my hands all over this bright fabric.  It screams hurry up summer!!

And the big blue flower . . . I don't even know how I made it, but my goodness I love it . . .

And a big ole bow to go with that big flower.  Isn't she lovely?

A side view of the pants with just enough ruffle.

Oh, wait.  What's that?  You mean I can even wear the bow in the front??

Izzie says this is her favorite way.

Hold on . . . now get a load of this . . . 

She's reversible!!!

This had Izzie dancing.

And the bow can even go in front once again.

Cute little wrap in the back.

And another view of that beautiful headband.  Oooh, I need to jump in some water this blue.

So I have some good news and some bad news.  THIS Mexico wrap dress is a size 4, and it's up for grabs, BUT you must follow the rules --

I will take the first order that is E-MAILED TO mimiandmack@yahoo.com.

Do not text me or message me via FB.  I want this to be fair.

She is a SIZE 4 (fits my daughter perfectly who wears a 4 in Gap, Old Navy, Crewcuts, Mini Boden, Matilda Jane, everything!).  Leggings are a little loose on Izzie because she's a skinny little thing :)).  The top (which can also be a dress), the blue knit leggings, and the gorgeous headband.  All 3 items for $65 plus $4 shipping if you don't live in Chi-town.

And the bad news is that this is the only one I will make.  At least for now.

Miss Mexico Wrap Dress and I had a serious knock-down, drag-out that caused much cussing and seam-ripping and insanity that I don't have the patience for at this moment.  Although I dreamed her up in a cabana near Cancun, I found a similar pattern to help me with sizing . . . and that pattern really, well, it sucked.  I originally made this for a size 2, but it somehow fits both my daughter and Iz, who are definitely size 4's.  I really, really want to make more because it's sooo beautiful.  But now is not the time.

Also, I recently realized that that bright lime and white fabric is completely gone.  It has vanished from the face of the internet and I probably hold the last of its kind in my Mexico line.  I have cried many tears at several 5:00 AM Google searches that have resulted in finding nothing of this preppy fabric that I swear Lilly Pulitzer herself would drool over.  It's called Lanterns in Lime if you have some time to kill on a search engine.  Knock yourself out, and I may reward you with a wrap dress if you uncover a hidden stash in Martha's Vineyard.

But for some more good news, I have two more outfits that are in the same bright, beautiful fabrics coming up very soon.  One will be a one-of-a-kind, and the other (which is probably my fave) will be up for orders!!  Yippee!!




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, REALLY REALLY "LUB" this and assume it's already taken and can't afford it right now, but WOW you are TALENTED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not taken yet-- if I don't sell it in the next few days, maybe we could work on a payment plan :)

      Delete